The highlight of this 7 day program is the East Bali Immersion program. Students will see first-hand the power of a local social enterprise – East Bali Cashews employs more than 350 local people from the local village, most of whom are women.
An Eco-Camp has been created to educate young people from around the world. Guests take part in cultural adventures, engage with the work of East Bali Cashews and immerse themselves in the Balinese way of life nestled in the foothills of the Eastern Bali shoreline.
All profits are channelled into the educational and professional development projects for the local inhabitants of Desa Ban
- Return economy airfares including taxes
- 2 nights accommodation Ubud (twin and triple share)
- 2 nights accommodation East Bali Immersion (local huts)
- 3 nights accommodation Sanur (twin and triple share)
- Transfers by private coach as required (air conditioned)
- Entrance fees, donations and admissions applicable for tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as listed
- Service charges, room tax, local tax/VAT, driver, guide expenses (tipping is additional) and baggage handling
- Passport and visa fees (if applicable)
- High & Peak Season Surcharge at hotels during stay period (if applicable)
- Any additional night at hotels above (if required)
- Expenditure of personal nature such as extra drink, souvenir, laundry, telephone, room service, etc.
- Other tours and meals than mentioned in the program
- Optional tour and optional activities
- Travel Insurance
- Tipping for guide/driver
Important Travel Insurance Information
FBI Travel will be able to assist you with the costs on a case by case basis and help you with a travel insurance policy to cover you as required. If you have pre-existing medical conditions which require additional cover please contact FBI Travel for assistance.
East Bali Immersion tour
Day 1: Australia - Bali - Ubud
Arrive at Ngurah Rai Bali International airport. Meet and greet by our representative and take your private coach transfer directly to your hotel in Ubud and check in. The rest of the day is free at leisure. Dinner is arranged for this evening at a local restaurant
Day 2: Ubud
After breakfast at your hotel, walk into Ubud (15 mins) to visit the market to buy food for your cooking lesson this afternoon. In the afternoon enjoy a group lesson in Balinese cooking which will include explanations of the ingredients and techniques used.
After your cooking lesson walk back to your hotel. Dinner is own arrangements this evening, we recommend you try one of the local Warungs in the streets near your hotel
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Day 3: East Bali Immersion Camp
After breakfast at your hotel, check out and board your private coach transfer to East Bali. Stop at a local restaurant for lunch. Upon arrive at East Bali Immersion, meet the staff and receive your introduction and check in. Enjoy some leisure time before dinner and bonfire this evening.
Overnight at EAST BALI IMMERSION (EBI) – 5 people per Hut/tipi
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 4: East Bali Camp Immersion
After breakfast begin the activities for the day
09h30 – 1200:
- Group 1 Depart on foot for Village Exploration: Cashew Farm, Pig Farm, Factory Tour, Preschool Peeling and Shelling Service Activity
- Group 2 Snorkelling with EBI staff. Depart to Tulamben /Amed for shipwreck snorkelling
- Lunch at EBI with local menu : Martabak Singkong (traditional Indonesian cassava crust pizza), Sweet Potato fries, Green salad, fresh fruit salad, Balinese rice dessert
Rest before your afternoon activity
14h00 – 1630
- Group 2 Depart on foot for Village Exploration: Cashew Farm, Pig Farm, Factory Tour, Preschool Peeling and Shelling Service Activity
- Group 1 Snorkelling with EBI staff. Depart to Tulamben/Amed for shipwreck snorkelling
- Return to EBI for shower and free time for optional activities: volleyball, football, meditation, badminton before dinner
- Dinner this evening with local menu: Red rice, traditional Indonesian vegetables with cashew sauce, Grilled chicken, Grilled tempe and tofu, fresh fruit, steamed Balinese dessert
20h00 Bonfire + Reflection Activity
21h30 Back to tipis
22h00 Light out
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 5: East Bali Immersion (South Bali)
A light breakfast with your early start. Begin your sunrise hike at 0500 before returning to EBI at 0700 for breakfast, then prepare for check out and departure around mid-morning
Lunch and dinner at own arrangements today. Later this afternoon check in to your hotel in Sanur. Enjoy some leisure time before dinner this evening.
Day 6: East Bali Immersion (South Bali)
After breakfast at your hotel transfer by private coach to IALF language school and participate in your first Indonesian 2 hours language lesson. The class for language lesson starts at 08:45am – 11:00am
Drive back to Sanur, visiting the Coral Triangle Centre where students will learn how the Balinese are working to promote the conservation of marine biodiversity and the sustainable management of marine and coastal resources across the coral triangle.
The visit includes a 1 Hour Clay Workshop. Bring out your creative side and learn about the different coral life forms that exist in a coral reef while hand moulding clay. The workshop is based on the Coral Universe art-piece at the Centre for Marine Conservation, aiming to raise awareness on the beauty and fragility of the coral reefs.
Students also take part in a 30 minutes Coral Adoption, aimed at rehabilitating Bali’s coral reefs through our Adopt-A-Coral program. You can adopt a coral by simulating the coral tagging and transplantation process using ceramic corals at our Centre for Marine Conservation. Every week, we send the tags to our community partner in Nusa Penida MPA where they will transplant an actual coral on your behalf. You will get an adoption certificate, a token, and a photo of your baby coral after six months.
After lunch (OA) students participate in a fun Amazing Ocean Race challenge (1 hour). It’s a race against time, teams are quizzed on ocean-related facts at the unique pit-stops throughout our facility, like the Wayang Samudra hall and the Coral Universe exhibit!
Finish mid-afternoon and return to your hotel for some leisure time before dinner
*Optional: CSR Activity at Potato Heads – Seminyak (can also be done in the afternoon of Day 5 )
There is time this afternoon for a 2 hours environmental sustainability activity, where students will learn how this proactive hospitality business has been the first to be certified as carbon neutral (United Nations Carbon Neutral NOW initiative) including banning single use plastics, desalination plant and zero waste policy
Workshop activity includes:
– Introduction to Desa Potato Head + Sustainability
– Theory – Plastic into Product (types of plastic, Intro plastic waste problem in Bali and Indonesia, Showing the products made in the lab & their potential uses)
– Processing plastic with our machines
– Demonstration of the Sustainability Lab, making a coaster from re-purposed material
Accommodation at DIWANGKARA Sanur (Run of House)/ARTOTEL Sanur (Studio 30)
Day 7: Sanur - Uluwatu - Sanur
After breakfast, this morning you will be transferred to IALF and have the unique opportunity of meeting with students from a Balinese school, and students will participate in both Indonesian and English lessons. The class for language lesson starts at 10:00am – 12:00pm
Transfer by private coach back to your hotel for some leisure time before heading to Uluwatu Temple, which is perched spectacularly on a top sheer cliff dropping straight into the pounding surf, 250 feet above the sea. This is one of the most magnificent temples in Bali, built in the 11th century. Watch the spectacular sunset overlooking the Indian Ocean before enjoying the Kecak Dance performance, well-known as a “monkey dance”. Return to the hotel in your private coach.
Lunch and dinner at own arrangement
Day 8: Australia
After breakfast at your hotel enjoy some leisure time before transferring to the airport by private coach for your flight home to Australia
Register and reserve your place now.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the FBI Educational Group Travel Department on (03) 8573 0900 or email email@example.com
Terms & Conditions:*Itinerary subject to change.