Our top 7 tips for those needing to travel overseas right now
1) Exemptions from the Australian Border Force are required to leave the country, this applies even if you hold dual citizenship.
2) Many Airlines require proof of a negative COVID19 test taken 24-72hrs prior to the flight – be prepared in advance.
3) Almost all airlines/airports require passengers to wear masks, make sure you are carrying plenty of spare masks for your journey, just in case.
4) Due to the disruption of logistics many airlines either do not offer special meals onboard, or even if they officially do, they fail to arrive when ordered. If you require special meals bring extra food with you onboard.
5) Hand luggage may not be allowed onboard if travelling to/transiting some countries.
6) Health declaration forms completed 24-72hrs prior to arrival are now required to enter many countries. In some circumstances these may apply also to transit passengers.
7) Returning to Australia is is extremely difficult at the moment, due to the Government quotas resulting in airlines being forced to cancel confirmed passengers from flights. You need to consider the options of getting back before departing and getting stuck overseas.
If you need to leave Australia urgently, please reach out to your FBI Professional Travel Adviser for assistance.
For more information or reservations, please contact FBI Travel. Call (03) 8573 0900, email email@example.com or contact your preferred FBI Travel Advisor.